GUIDELINES FOR SPECIAL KNOW INDIA PROGRAMME (KIP)
Highlights of the scheme are as below:
- (i) The special KIP will be applicable to PIOs in the age group of 45-65 years from 7 Girmitiya countries (Fiji, Guyana, Mauritius, South Africa, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Reunion Island) subject to their being medical fit. The scope of KIP and the number of countries can be expanded with the approval of EAM.
- (ii) The applicant should be first time visitor to India.
- (iii) Applicant must be from the low income group or in a financial position where they would otherwise be unable to pay for travel to India on their own accord. Decision of HOM/HOP would be considered as final in this regard.
- (iv) There would be two groups visiting India every year. Each group would comprise 40 PIOs.
- (v)Duration of each tour will be of 15 days including day of arrival and departure.
- (vi) 90% of the cost of international airfare will be borne by the Ministry. 10% of the cost will be borne by the PIO himself. Visa will be issued gratis.
- (vii) Complete local hospitality including hotel accommodation on twin sharing basis (preferably in a 4-star hotel), all meals and local transportation will be provided by the Ministry. The tour could be undertaken by Train ( Two tier AC Coach) in coordination with IRCTC.
- (viii) First special KIP is scheduled from 20 January (arrival in Delhi) to 03 February (departure) coinciding with PBD Convention 2019, with the itinerary of “Delhi-Varanasi-Allahabad-Delhi-Rajasthan-Uttar Pradesh-Bihar-Tamil Nadu-Kerala”. Participants of the first special KIP will also join PBD Convention 2019 in Varanasi, Kumbh Snan in Allahabad and Republic Day Parade in New Delhi. A proposed itinerary for the first Special KIP is attached.
- (ix) Second Special KIP will be organised from ...January to with the itinerary of “Delhi-Rajasthan-Uttar Pradesh-Bihar-Tamil Nadu-Kerala”.
- (x)Travel arrangement in India will be undertaken IRCTC by train (2-Tier AC coach).
Modalities of Selection
- (a) From each country, a maximum of ten applications are to be recommended to the Ministry through online portal kip.gov.in
- (b) Each applicant must be recommended by the HOM/HOP, along with an attestation about their Indian origin (where applicable) and documentary proof of low income status.
- (c) In general, PIOs who are more senior in age would be given preference.
- (d) The applicant shall be willing to pay 10% of international airfare from their country of residence to India and back, at the time of issue of ticket by the Mission/Post.
- (e) Applicant must submit a medical fitness report and copy of a valid international travel insurance and medical insurance policy – for duration of his/her visit to India – a copy of which will be given to the Mission/Post before ticket is issued.
- (f) Eligible applicants may apply for Special KIP through the online portal: kip.gov.in
- (g) All the other procedures will remain the same as is for the normal KIP.
- (h) Applicants applying for the first Special KIP may also register for PBD Conventiion, 2019, Kumbh Snan and Republic Day Parade through PBD website.